Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/06 07:11:37 UTC

hawtio to see all your tomee /java/ stuff

I was just reading a Christian Posta (ActiveMQ committer) blog, and it
references hawtio[1]. On the hawtio home page, it mentions the following:

hawtio has lots of plugins such as: a git-based Dashboard and Wiki, logs,
health, JMX, OSGi, Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Camel, Apache OpenEJB, Apache
Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss and Fuse Fabric

TomEE (almost or basically)  =  OpenEJB, tomcat, ActiveMQ, etc...

So, my question is...has anyone written or aware of a blog to use
hawtio...to see all your tomee /java/ stuff? :)

[1] http://hawt.io/

Re: hawtio to see all your tomee /java/ stuff

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
I used it for years if it can help:

public static void main(String[] a) throws Exception {
        if (a.length != 2) {
            System.out.println("put the objectname name as parameter:
            return;
        }

        JMXServiceURL url = new
JMXServiceURL("service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://" + a[0] + ":" + a[1] +
"/jmxrmi");
        JMXConnector jmxc = JMXConnectorFactory.connect(url);
        MBeanServerConnection mbsc = jmxc.getMBeanServerConnection();
        Set<ObjectName> names = mbsc.queryNames(null, null);
        for (ObjectName on : names) {
            MBeanInfo infos = mbsc.getMBeanInfo(on);
            System.out.println(on.getCanonicalName());
            System.out.println("====================");
            for (MBeanAttributeInfo info : infos.getAttributes()) {
                String name = info.getName();
                Object value;
                try {
                    value = mbsc.getAttribute(on, name);
                    System.out.println("\t" + name + " = " + getValue(value));
                } catch (Exception e) {
                    System.out.println("\t" + name + " = [unable to
get this attribute: " + e.getMessage() + "]");
                }
            }
            System.out.println();
            System.out.println();
        }
    }

    private static String getValue(Object value) {
        if (value instanceof Object[]) {
            return getArrayValue((Object[]) value);
        }
        if (value.getClass().getName().startsWith("java.lang")) {
            return value.toString();
        }
        if (value instanceof CompositeData) {
            CompositeData datas = (CompositeData) value;
            return datas.values().toString();
        }
        if (!(value instanceof String)) {
            return new ToStringBuilder(value).toString();
        }
        return (String) value;
    }

    private static String getArrayValue(Object[] value) {
        String[] strs = new String[value.length];
        for (int i = 0; i < strs.length; i++) {
            strs[i] = getValue(value[i]);
        }
        return Arrays.asList(strs).toString();