Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "White, Jeffrey" <JW...@knighttrading.com> on 2004/04/02 21:00:05 UTC

Newbie; Sending VC++.NET build output to cmd window

Hello,

I'm using the exec task to run devenv.exe to build MS Visual C++ solutions and projects. I would like the output messages of these builds to go to a file AND to the cmd window from which the ant target was called. Is this possible, and if so, how?

Here's what I'm doing now, which only outputs to the specified file and does not appear in the cmd window:

<exec dir='.' executable='devenv'>
    <arg line='../../Solution.sln /build debug /project ${ant.project.name} /out ${output.dir}/${ant.project.name}_log.txt' />
</exec>

If I use the following (with the "/out ..." argument omitted) the ouput still does not appear in the cmd window:

<exec dir='.' executable='devenv'>
    <arg line='../../Solution.sln /build debug /project ${ant.project.name}' />
</exec>

However, if I manually type the command that the above code generates, the output is directed to the cmd window.

So, to quickly restate the question: How do I get build output to the cmd window AND to a file?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff White

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
NOTICE REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Knight Trading Group may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content of all e-mail communications.