Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by malic <be...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2011/08/31 10:58:22 UTC

[Q]Solr response passed to remote JsonStore - highlighting properties embed in the response part

Hello, I have a very specific question about the Solr response passed to
remote JsonStore.

*Solr response passed to remote JsonStore*

var myJsonStore =  new Ext.data.JsonStore({
            // store configs
			url: myurl,
			baseParams:
{'wt':'json','facet':true,'facet.limit':-1,'facet.sort':'description','hl':true,'hl.fl':'*'},
          // reader configs
			totalProperty: 'total',
			idProperty: 'handle',
			root:function(v){
				return v.response.docs;
			},
                        fields: ['handle', 'description']
})

*Solr standard output:*

{
    "responseHeader": {
        "status": 0,
        "QTime": 32
    },
    "response": {
        "total": 21,
        "start": 0,
        "docs": [
            {
                "description": "The matte finish waves on this wedding band
contrast with the high polish borders. This sharp and elegant design was
finely crafted in Japan.",
                "handle": "8252",

            },
            {
                "description": "This elegant ring has an Akoya cultured
pearl with a band of bezel-set round diamonds making it perfect for her to
wear to work or the night out.",
                "handle": "8142",

            },

        ]
    },
    "highlighting": {
        "8252": {
            "description": [
                " and <em>elegant</em> design was finely crafted in Japan."
            ]
        },
        "8142": {
            "description": [
                "This <em>elegant</em> ring has an Akoya cultured pearl with
a band of bezel-set round diamonds making"
            ]
        },

    }
}

*What I want:* to change the output by embedding the highlighting properties
into the response properties, such that the response part looks like:

    "response": {
        "numFound": 21,
        "start": 0,
        "docs": [
            {
                "description": "The matte finish waves on this wedding band
contrast with the high polish borders. This sharp and <em>elegant</em>
design was finely crafted in Japan.",
                "UID_PK": "8252",

            },
            {
                "description": "This <em>elegant</em> ring has an Akoya
cultured pearl with a band of bezel-set round diamonds making it perfect for
her to wear to work or the night out.",
                "UID_PK": "8142",

            },

        ]
    },

Can anyone suggest an approach to do this? Thx a lot.

Re: [Q]Solr response passed to remote JsonStore - highlighting properties embed in the response part

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: *What I want:* to change the output by embedding the highlighting properties
: into the response properties, such that the response part looks like:

Work along the lines of making this a generally available feature is
already in progress on the trunk as part of the "psuedo fields" work
(SOLR-2444) ... as i understand it from Ryan/Yonik, the idea would be to
implement a "highlight" transformer...

	https://wiki.apache.org/solr/CommonQueryParameters#Transformers:

...but i don't think anyone has taken a crack at it yet (i don't see any
open issues specificly for this) so feel free to give it a shot.

-Hoss

Re: [Q]Solr response passed to remote JsonStore - highlighting properties embed in the response part

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You probably want to write your own ResponseWriter,
since you're working in JSON, maybe
JSONResponseWriter is the place to start.

Best
Erick