Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hussam Alsawadi <al...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/07 04:46:40 UTC

Setting Tomcat to Cooperate with the Apache Web Server

Hi All,

I installed Tomcat 3.1 as a stand-alone container and
tested it.
Next, I tried to set Tomcat to cooperate with the
Apache Web Server, but I could not. Please can you
help my to fix the problem?

I made the following steps:

1- Copying the tomcat-apache.conf file to
my-tomcat-apache.conf and making minor changes.
The my-tomcat-apache.conf contains the following:

LoadModule jserv_module modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll
ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice

ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType test/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
Alias /examples "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\tomcat\webapps\examples"
<Directory "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\tomcat\webapps\examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples
<Location /examples/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Alias /test "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\tomcat\webapps\test"
<Directory "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\tomcat\webapps\test">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /test/servlet /test
<Location /test/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

ApJServMount /servlet /ROOT

2- Adding the following line to the end of httpd.conf
file.
Include  "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\tomcat\conf\my-tomcat-apache.conf"

3- Copying ApacheModuleJServ.dll to modules.

4- Starting Apache. The following is the output of
Apache:
Apache/1.3.12 (Win32) tomcat/1.0 running�

5- Trying the following URLs:
http://localhost:8080/
http://localhost:8080/examples
http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet