Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk> on 2003/03/31 08:16:31 UTC

About user authenication and authorization

Hi,

I know that I can set tomcat-users.xml and Domain.xml for user
authenication and authorization. However, I need to restart tomcat each
time when I update either files. It seems that it is not applicable if I
use it in an application.

I know that I can config server.xml in tomcat to use
'SlideRealm'. Actually, what's the use? It doesn't need to use
'tomcat-users.xml' anymore? I have done it but I don't know what happens
then.