Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Jiaqi Guo <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2003/11/09 19:47:32 UTC

Skip a field when generate object models?

Is there any way to mark a column to be skipped when generate java
classes. Which means I don't want Torque know this column at runtime,
just need it in ???-schema.sql.

Thanks
Jiaqi Guo

g-cyclops@users.sourceforge.net
http://cyclops-group.sourceforge.net

Re: Skip a field when generate object models?

Posted by Dale Thoms <dt...@pobox.com>.

I don't know of any setting that will do what you want, but as a
workaround,
you could edit the ???-schema.xml and remove the element for that column.
Then the java code Torque generates will be unaware of the column's
existence
in the db.

   Dale

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 10:47:32 -0800, "Jiaqi Guo"
<ch...@hotmail.com> said:
> Is there any way to mark a column to be skipped when generate java
> classes. Which means I don't want Torque know this column at runtime,
> just need it in ???-schema.sql.
>

> Thanks
> Jiaqi Guo
>
> g-cyclops@users.sourceforge.net