Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sudheendra Hebbagilu <su...@insage.com> on 2001/01/31 22:35:25 UTC

Struts version

Hi All,
I am pretty new to struts. But when I read about it , I really liked it.
Whats the status of it ? I know the latest release was 0.5. When is 1.0
expected ?
Can I use it for production now ? Is it that stable ?

Does 0.5 version supports DataStore ( for connection pooling ) ?

Thanks in advance
Sudhi

Re: Struts version

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
> Whats the status of it ? I know the latest release was 0.5. When is
1.0 expected ?

The 1.0 todo list is part of the package, which you can check on the
Web site. There are a few documentation tasks, and Craig mentioned a
showstopper that needed to be fixed, but it's not listed in BugRat <
http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ >.

Then, it would be some period of formal beta-testing, a final vote of
the committers, and it ships.

> Can I use it for production now ? Is it that stable ?

I'd say so. I'm developing against it now, and wouldn't hestitate to
ship.

> Does 0.5 version supports DataStore ( for connection pooling ) ?

Only if you bring your own. There is a connection pool provided with
1.0.

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/