Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Lode Vanacken <bl...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/15 16:33:55 UTC

W3C implementation

Hi,

I was wondering if Xerces-j does implement anything that is not in the w3c
standard.
I don't know any parse extra's, but from Saxon the XSLT proccesor I know
there are some extra's like this one: saxon:evaluate()

does anyone know any for xerces-j?

Thanks
Lode

Re: W3C implementation

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Lode Vanacken wrote:
> I was wondering if Xerces-j does implement anything that is not in the
> w3c standard.
> I don't know any parse extra's, but from Saxon the XSLT proccesor I know
> there are some extra's like this one: saxon:evaluate()
>
> does anyone know any for xerces-j?

Xerces adds a lot of functionality not explicitly defined
in W3C standards. But at the same time, it strives to be a
completely compliant parser with respect to W3C standards.

Check out the Features and Properties documentation for
information about additional functionality that Xerces
supports.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org