Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by 黄方圆 <hf...@163.com> on 2022/08/15 03:45:52 UTC

Cross cluster deployment

Hi,

I want to know is it possible to deploy ignite in two kubernetes clusters and they can discover each other to compose one ignite topology.

thanks
Dylan

Re: Cross cluster deployment

Posted by "\"ミユナ (alice)\"" <al...@coakmail.com>.
> Hi,
>
> I want to know is it possible to deploy ignite in two kubernetes clusters
> and they can discover each other to compose one ignite topology.
>
> thanks
> Dylan

from my viewpoints, that's impossible.

Re: Cross cluster deployment

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
The short answer is no.

The longer answer is “it depends.” You wouldn’t be able to use Ignite’s built-in Kubernetes Discovery plugin; you’d probably need to use a static IP list. Ignite is a peer-to-peer cluster and all nodes need to be directly addressable, so you’d need to have your networking configured appropriately. So it could be made to work but I wouldn’t recommend it.

Regards,
Stephen