Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Abhi Basu <90...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/14 21:27:23 UTC

SOLR Rest API for monitoring

Hi All:

I am using CDH 5.13 with Solr 4.10. Trying to automate metrics gathering
for JVM (CPU, RAM, Storage etc.) by calling the REST APIs described here ->
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/metrics-reporting.html.

Are these not supported in my version of Solr? If not, what option do I
have?

I tried calling this:
http://hadoop-nn2.esolocal.com:8983/solr/admin/metrics?wt=json&type=counter&group=core

And receive 404 - request not available.

Are there any configuration changes needed?

Thanks, Abhi

--
Abhi Basu

Re: SOLR Rest API for monitoring

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 12/14/2017 2:27 PM, Abhi Basu wrote:
> I am using CDH 5.13 with Solr 4.10. Trying to automate metrics gathering
> for JVM (CPU, RAM, Storage etc.) by calling the REST APIs described here ->
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/metrics-reporting.html.
>
> Are these not supported in my version of Solr? If not, what option do I
> have?

The metrics API was added in version 6.4.  The documentation page you
referenced is for version 6.6.

I think that if you check the PDF reference guide for the 4.10 version
of Solr, you will not find that information in it.

Much of what gets presented by the metrics API is available at the core
level in earlier versions.

http://server:port/solr/XXXX/admin/mbeans?stats=true&wt=json&indent=true

There are other APIs that you can call for information.  There are a
number of global API endpoints like /solr/admin/info/system that I
*think* are there in 4.10, but I'm not sure.  If you check Plugins/Stats
in the admin UI (or the mbeans URL referenced earlier), you can should
be able to get a full list of every endpoint that is available at the
core level, but I am not aware of anything that lists the global handlers.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: SOLR Rest API for monitoring

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
The metrics were introduced in Solr 6.4 so I don't think so at all.
The Cloudera support site  could say for sure, I know  lots of
functionality has been backported to 4x from later versions, but that
would be a _LOT_ of code to backport so I doubt it.

Best,
Erick