Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Vanderdray, Jake" <JV...@aarp.org> on 2005/09/06 16:55:35 UTC

com.sun.net.ssl Error

	I'm trying to get nutch-0.7 setup on a RedHat Enterprise 3
machine.  I've installed the JVM from IBM and gotten tomcat up and
running, but when I try to use ant to compile nutch, I get a bunch of
errors like this:

compile:
     [echo] Compiling plugin: protocol-httpclient
    [javac] Compiling 12 source files to
/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/nutch-0.7/build/protocol-httpclient/classes
    [javac]
/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/nutch-0.7/src/plugin/protocol-httpclient/src/ja
va/org/apache/nutch/protocol/httpclient/DummySSLProtocolSocketFactory.ja
va:25: package com.sun.net.ssl does not exist
    [javac] import com.sun.net.ssl.SSLContext;
    [javac]                        ^
    [javac]
/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/nutch-0.7/src/plugin/protocol-httpclient/src/ja
va/org/apache/nutch/protocol/httpclient/DummySSLProtocolSocketFactory.ja
va:26: package com.sun.net.ssl does not exist
    [javac] import com.sun.net.ssl.TrustManager;
    [javac]                        ^
    [javac]
/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/nutch-0.7/src/plugin/protocol-httpclient/src/ja
va/org/apache/nutch/protocol/httpclient/DummySSLProtocolSocketFactory.ja
va:33: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class SSLContext
    [javac] location: class
org.apache.nutch.protocol.httpclient.DummySSLProtocolSocketFactory
    [javac]   private SSLContext sslcontext = null;

	Do I need the Sun JVM, or am I just missing another package?

Thanks,
Jake.

RE: com.sun.net.ssl Error

Posted by Sébastien LE CALLONNEC <sl...@yahoo.ie>.
Hi Jake,

You probably need to install JSSE as well.
http://java.sun.com/products/jsse/

Regards,
Sebastien.

RE: com.sun.net.ssl Error

Posted by EM <em...@cpuedge.com>.
This:
http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/tutorial.html
says the requirements are flexible (I'm sticking to SUN's java anyway) .

It also says Linux is preferred although I've been using XP + cygwin for
huge part of my tests and work and I've encountered zero problems due to
that configuration.

Why JVM from IBM? All Java package is from Sun, right?

Michael Ji

Re: com.sun.net.ssl Error

Posted by Michael Ji <fj...@yahoo.com>.