Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Andrew Chandler <an...@riftware.com> on 2010/04/22 18:58:57 UTC

Mina or other transport - would like blocking

I'm not sure if I'm going to explain this well but let me try:

We have 1000's of messages we want to send to a remote process.    These
messages are really 1 way only as the response comes back only for some
of them when a message comes in.   However because there is some timing
related issues surrounding those messages - specifically we are timing
out and removing messages after a certain amount of time on the sending
end, we would like to start our timer only when the other end has had a
chance to get to the message.    I don't really want several 1000
messages stuck in the transport waiting to be processed in batches of 5
and receive an in/out type exchange reply back.   What I would like to
do is the end where we go to insert into the mina tcp / textline (or
object doesn't matter to me really) to block and not except the message
until there is room in the fixed length queue - like the queue would
only hold 10 messages at a time and inserts would block and complete as
space becomes available.   Is there any way to accomplish this?