Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Franz Haeuslschmid <ha...@fmi.uni-passau.de> on 2002/11/04 19:26:17 UTC

java.lang.VerifyError

Hi to all,

I get following stack trace:

[...]
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/xml/security/utils/IdResolver,
method: registerElementById signature:
(Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;Ljava/lang/String;)V) Incompatible object argument
for function call
        at
org.apache.xml.security.utils.resolver.implementations.ResolverFragment.engineResolve(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.utils.resolver.ResourceResolver.resolve(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.getContentsBeforeTransformation(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.dereferenceURIandPerformTransforms(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.getReferencedBytes(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.calculateDigest(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.generateDigestValue(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Manifest.generateDigestValues(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignature.sign(Unknown
Source)
[...]
What went wrong?

I'm using vesion 1_0_5D2 of xml-security, xerces-1.4.2, xalan-2.2-final
and java in version 1.3.1.

Cheers, Franz.

Re: java.lang.VerifyError

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.
In the ID resolver, the parser registers IDs so that
Document.getElementByID works. If you rewrite the IdResolver so that it
either does not try to register IDs for older versions in the parser and
maybe has an internal lookup table, this won't be a problem.

What I'm not sure of is whether Xalan-J 2 works with older versions?

Christian

--On Montag, 4. November 2002 21:13 +0100 Franz Haeuslschmid

Re: java.lang.VerifyError

Posted by Franz Haeuslschmid <ha...@fmi.uni-passau.de>.
Hi,

using xerces-2.0.0 had the same effect, xerces-2.0.2 "repaired" it. I know
now, that the junit tests provide the same version of xerces. Will I have
a chance to use xml-security with older versions of xerces, of course
without exceptions and failures?

Franz.

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Christian Geuer-Pollmann wrote:

> Hi Franz,
>
> I'm not sure whether xerces-1.4.2 knows how to register IDs. Can you try a
> Xerces-2 version?
>
> Christian

[..]

Re: java.lang.VerifyError

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.
Hi Franz,

I'm not sure whether xerces-1.4.2 knows how to register IDs. Can you try a
Xerces-2 version?

Christian

--On Montag, 4. November 2002 19:26 +0100 Franz Haeuslschmid