Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kranthi Kumar K <Kr...@ccubefintech.com> on 2019/01/17 07:12:44 UTC

Re: Solr Size Limitation upto 32 kb limitation

Hi Team,

Can we have any updates on the below issue? We are awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Kranthi kumar.K

________________________________
Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
I guess selfwritten loader means that you split up the file in 32 kB chunks or smaller and then posts each of those 32 kB chunks to the multi valued field.

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Please do not cross-post, this thread is for the users mailing list, not dev.

You have got the answer several times already: clean your input data. You obviously parse some pdf that contains bad data that result in one single token (word) being >32kb. Clean your input data either in your application or with Update Processor or TokenFilter in Solr.

Jan Høydahl

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
Solr is not designed to store chunks of binary data. This is not a bug. It will probably not be “fixed”.

I strongly recommend putting your chunks of data in a database. Then store the primary key in a field in Solr. When the Solr results are returned, the client code can use the keys to fetch the data blobs from the database.

STOP sending this to dev@lucene.apache.org. This is a user question and should go to solr-user@lucene.apache.org.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

> On Feb 10, 2019, at 9:27 PM, Kranthi Kumar K <Kr...@ccubefintech.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> We didn’t get any suggested solutions. Could you help us by providing better approach or a solution to fix the issue?
> We’ll be awaiting your reply.
>
> <image001.png>
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Kranthi Kumar.K,
> Software Engineer,
> Ccube Fintech Global Services Pvt Ltd.,
> Email/Skype: kranthikumar.k@ccubefintech.com <ma...@ccubefintech.com>,

  1.  As per Erick Erickson, I've changed the string type to Text type based and still the issue occurs .

I've changed from :

<field name="FileContent" type="string_rev" indexed="true" stored="true" />

Changed to:

<field name="FileContent" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />

If we do so, it is showing error in the log, please find the error in the attachment.

If I change to:

<field name="FileContent" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true" />

It is not showing any error , but the issue still exists.

  1.  As per Jan Hoydahl, I have gone through the link that you have provided and checked 'requestParsers' tag in solrconfig.xml,

RequestParsers tag in our application is as follows:

'<requestParsers enableRemoteStreaming="true"

                    multipartUploadLimitInKB="2048000"

                    formdataUploadLimitInKB="2048"

                    addHttpRequestToContext="false"/>'

Request parsers, which we are using and in the link you have provided are similar. And still we are unable to import the files size >32 kb.

  1.  As per Bernd Fehling, we are using Solr 4.10.2. you have mentioned as,

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Clean your data. The whole point of that limitation is that it makes
no sense to try to index a 32K field for _searching_ anyway. By
"index" here, I mean have a _token_ in your index that you can search.
Storing it away with stored="true" field is another matter.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
What Jan said.

If you are getting this error on a _text_ based field, then your data
is bad. What it's telling you is that _after_ tokenization, you have a
single _term_ that's > 32K which is almost, but not quite totally,
useless.

ImagineASingleWordThatRunsOnForMoreThanThirtyTwoThousandCharactersHowWouldThatBeUsefulToEitherSearchOrReturnToTheUserWouldThisSingleWordImTypingBeUsefulAndItIsntEvenCloseToThirtyTwoThousandCharacters.....

So I'd try to find out what it is you're processing that shows you
such a large term. It's pretty easy to run Tika on a file in SolrJ,
see: https://lucidworks.com/2012/02/14/indexing-with-solrj/

There are also web sites that'll process the PDF file through Tika and
show you how it parses....

Best,
Erick

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Try adding a lengthFilterFactory to your fieldType(s). See https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/filter-descriptions.html#length-filter <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/filter-descriptions.html#length-filter>

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect

Posted by Toke Eskildsen <to...@kb.dk>.
On Thu, 2019-01-17 at 07:12 +0000, Kranthi Kumar K wrote:
> Can we have any updates on the below issue? We are awaiting your
> reply.

Erick Erickson posted a reply 5 hours after you asked your original
question on the developer mailinglist. I suggest you write a follow-up
to his answer if it did not solve your problem.

- Toke Eskildsen, royal Danish Library

Re: Solr Size Limitation upto 32 kb limitation

Posted by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de>.
Hi,

assuming you have a fieldType for "text_general" defined in your schema, change from:

<field name="FileContent" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true" />

to:

<field name="FileContent" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true" />

Regards,
Bernd