Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by James Higginbotham <jh...@betweenmarkets.com> on 2002/11/06 02:18:53 UTC

Questions about XML documents, slide implementations, and

Hi,

I am looking into writing a web content mgmt system using Slide, and
currently use XML plus XSLT to produce the HTML from an Ant script
nightly. I want to move the content over to slide and begin creating a
simple web-based UI for end-users to edit, review, and publish content.
I have a few questions that will help me determine how much work I have
ahead:

1. What sort of implementations, preferably opensource or closed source
but free, are folks developing with Slide? I'm sure I'm not the only one
doing this, and thought I could team up and assist some projects out
there.
2. Can someone elaborate on the search subsystem - how does it
index/search documents, metadata, and is it XML aware (i.e. won't search
the tags, just the tag contents)?
3. Has anyone considered how a workflow process would be integrated for
reviewing/publishing content using an editorial staff? I've seen
OSWorkflow as a possible component solution, but not sure how I would
integrate this yet.
4. Is anyone writing or has written an HTML or flash-based UI for some
of the more common tasks - editing text-based content, workflow, etc. -
rather than a Swing client. I have Mac OS/9 people on a dialup
connection that I have to allow to edit/review/publish and would like to
offer a simple browser interface for them, while a more sophisticated
solution, such as a Swing client, can be used to add/edit users and do
more complicated work by admins. Any ideas?

Thanks,
James