Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com> on 2003/11/03 08:09:52 UTC

[lang] web site

I have put a first cut at a "mavenized" lang site at
http://www.apache.org/~psteitz/docs/

There is nothing new or different in terms of content. Comments welcome.
There are a couple of errors that I know about -- the link in the upper
right does not work and should be replaced by the Commons logo image and
incl_nav has not been updated to reflect the recent promotions of math
and dbutils.  I will make these changes.

Modulo a little clean up, I would like to publish this to the public
site.  I would appreciate confirmation (or gentle indication that I am
out of my mind) re the following steps to accomplish this:

1. Add xdocs directory to jakarta-commons/lang cvs including the files
used to make the maven site.

2, Remove lang.xml from jakarta-commons/xdocs (this is replaced by
index.xml in jakarta-commons/lang/xdocs).

3. Edit jakarta-commons/xdocs/components.xml and
jakarta-commons/stylesheets/menus/components.xml to remove references to
lang.html

4. Follow the instructions in jakarta-commons/BUILD_DOCS.txt to build
the main commons site locally, commit the changes and update the site.
I have done this successfully up to the commit.

5. Generate the mavenized [lang] site locally and move the files
manually to /www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang.

The last step seems odd to me, since we seem to be storing HTML in CVS
for all of the of the non-maven sites.

Did I miss anything?  Is it silly to do this before moving the main site
to maven?  Are we planning to migrate the main site soon?

Phil

Re: [lang] web site

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> The psteitz Lang docs aren't there anymore it seems. Do they completely
> replicate the current Lang page for information?

Yes. I just copied lang.xml from the commons xdocs and adjusted a couple
of links. If you update lang to grab the /xdocs and run maven
site:generate locally, you should see the same thing, modulo some
reports that I commented out when I generated what I posted earlier.

I will do the site update this weekend if there are no objections.

Phil

Re: [lang] web site

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Re: [lang] web site