Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Damian Sobieralski <ds...@asu.edu> on 2007/03/12 21:11:47 UTC

4.1.1

I'm hoping someone can assist me. Okay, I'm doing more than hoping as
I'm yanking big chunks of hair trying to get this figured out.

 I have been happily working with Tapestry 4.0.2 in Eclipse using the
Maven plugin.  I'm not a Maven expert but I found out enough to get it
going within Eclipse via the plugin.  I added the dependency via Eclipse
for Tapestry. When I type "tapestry" in the eclipse window for Maven, I
only get options for 5.0.2 and 4.0.2. So I obviously went with 4.0.2.

 I then tried most unsuccessfully do get 4.1.1 to work by searching the
archives, adding the snapshot repository to the pom.xml and the like.
Okay, no big deal. I can shut Maven off and do this old school.

 So I disabled Maven for this project and downloaded 4.1.1 from:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/tapestry/tapestry-project-4.1.1-bin
.zip

 I then downloaded ognl from ognl.org and log4j. Now when I fire up my
application (it's a trivial hello world application) I keep getting:

Unable to construct service
tapestry.enhance.ComponentConstructorFactory: Error building service
tapestry.enhance.ComponentConstructorFactory: Failure invoking
constructor for class
org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.ComponentConstructorFactoryImpl:
edu/emory/mathcs/backport/java/util/concurrent/locks/ReentrantLock

 I'm guessing I am missing a dependency but for the life of me I cannot
figure this out. Here are the jars that I have:

commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
commons-codec-1.3.jar
commons-fileupload-1.1.1.jar
commons-io-1.1.jar
commons-lang-2.2.jar
commons-logging-1.0.3.jar
hivemind-1.1.1.jar
hivemind-lib-1.1.1.jar
javassist-3.4.jar
log4j-1.2.14.jar
ognl-2.6.9.jar
oro-2.0.8.jar
tapestry-annotations-4.1.1.jar
tapestry-contrib-4.1.1.jar
tapestry-framework-4.1.1.jar
tapestry-portlet-4.1.1.jar

  Apparently, something is amiss here. Anyone with any clue please
please please can you assist? I don't want help (at this time) getting
Maven to work.  I'd like to just figure out what this rather cryptic
error (at least to me) means and how to rectify it. The Maven stuff will
just add a layer of complexity right now that I don't want to deal with
(will soon though).

 Thanks for, up front, for any help that you can render.

 It seemed like such a simple thing according to the docs for the 4.1.1
tapestry. I'm not sure where I botched it.

- Damian