Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Turpin, Jay" <ja...@intel.com> on 2001/04/24 18:21:27 UTC

UpdateAccount.java: Doesn't provide error feedback to users

I posted this in Bugzilla, but wanted to see if anyone has already resolved
this or can point in the right direction for fixing it...

Login as turbine/turbine and navigate to EditAccount. Change passwords to
two different values (so edit should theoretically fail), the user is routed
back to the homepage.

* No error message is displayed to user. The code appears to attempt to send
the user back to the EditAccount page but fails to do so.

The following message is displayed in the Tomcat process window:

2001-04-23 03:40:26 - Ctx( /jetspeed ): IOException in: R( /jetspeed +
/css/default.css + null) Connection aborted by peer: socket write error

Regards,
Jay Turpin
Intel Corporation

Re: UpdateAccount.java: Doesn't provide error feedback to users

Posted by Raphaƫl Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.
"Turpin, Jay" wrote:

> I posted this in Bugzilla, but wanted to see if anyone has already resolved
> this or can point in the right direction for fixing it...
>
> Login as turbine/turbine and navigate to EditAccount. Change passwords to
> two different values (so edit should theoretically fail), the user is routed
> back to the homepage.
>
> * No error message is displayed to user. The code appears to attempt to send
> the user back to the EditAccount page but fails to do so.

I'll look into this this week-end or next week.

> The following message is displayed in the Tomcat process window:
>
> 2001-04-23 03:40:26 - Ctx( /jetspeed ): IOException in: R( /jetspeed +
> /css/default.css + null) Connection aborted by peer: socket write error

This is an harmless error message due to the interaction between Tomcat and IE
(it looks like IE does not close correctly the HTTP socket...)

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris