Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by jsmith828 <je...@putnam.com> on 2015/08/13 01:58:25 UTC

Re: CXF Security policy signature method

I actually have the same issue in that my sec engineering department will not
allow any SHA-1 algorithms of any kind and require a minimum of SHA-256 for
the digest algorithm.  I am using CXF-3.1.0 and I was hoping the ability to
override SHA-1 was now available and if so how can I do it.

Thanks!
-Jeff

Re: CXF Security policy signature method

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Yes the fix will also be available in the 3.1.3 release. I'm not sure when
that release will be as we have only released 3.1.2 a few weeks back - we
normally release every 2 months or so.

Colm.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 6:05 PM, jsmith828 <je...@putnam.com> wrote:

> Thanks Colm.  Looks like the change was to SAMLUtils and
> SamlCallbackHandler.
> I'll clone the cxf-3.0.x-fixes branch and give that a shot.  Will this be
> available in the 3.1.3 release of CXF and if so can you let me know around
> when that might be available?  Cheers!
>

> -----
> -Jeff

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: CXF Security policy signature method

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
It's a bug, now fixed:

Colm.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 3:10 PM, jsmith828 <je...@putnam.com> wrote:

> It's the "action" approach.  I've written a custom CallbackHandler to
> create
> my SAML assertion and defined it in my security.saml-callback-handler
> property of my JAXRSClientFactoryBean.  I've tried setting the following in
> my CallbackHandler but it still doesn't work.
>

> callback.setSignatureAlgorithm(SignatureConstants.ALGO_ID_SIGNATURE_RSA_SHA256);
>
> callback.setSignatureDigestAlgorithm(SignatureConstants.ALGO_ID_DIGEST_SHA256);
>
> The SignatureMethod alg is still "rsa-sha1" and the DigestMethod alg is
> "sha1".  No errors reported it's just not using the set algorithm.
> Unrestricted policies in place.  Not sure what I am still missing -Jeff

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: CXF Security policy signature method

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Are you using WS-Security via the "action" approach or via
WS-SecurityPolicy?

a) Action approach. Simply specify the following algorithms in the
WSS4JOutInterceptor configuration:

signatureDigestAlgorithm - http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#sha256
signatureAlgorithm - http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmldsig-more#rsa-sha256

b) WS-SecurityPolicy approach.

Digest: Use one of the AlgorithmSuites that ends in "Sha256", e.g.
"sp:Basic256Sha256".
Signature: Set the JAX-WS property
"ws-security.asymmetric.signature.algorithm" to "

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 12:58 AM, jsmith828 <je...@putnam.com>
wrote:

> I actually have the same issue in that my sec engineering department will
> not
> allow any SHA-1 algorithms of any kind and require a minimum of SHA-256 for
> the digest algorithm.  I am using CXF-3.1.0 and I was hoping the ability to
> override SHA-1 was now available and if so how can I do it.
>
> Thanks!
> -Jeff

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder