Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw> on 2012/10/12 04:40:42 UTC

Default Toolbar for Certain Languages

    I would like to ask if it is possible for a default toolbar for
certain languages, but not all.  Out local community was asking a
Chinese punctuation toolbar for a long time, which they were used to it
since MS Office 97.  Unlike English punctuation, it is very trouble to
input Chinese full-width punctuation.  This toolbar helped them a lot.
I submit a request, and am amazed how fast words got spread and people
are enthusiastic about getting this done.

http://goo.gl/mod/GTi6

    I know it is easy to do it in with a extension of BASIC macros.   Is
it possible to include it in the OpenOffice installation?  Or maybe
hard-code it?

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

Greenfoot Taiwan http://greenfoot.westart.tw/

Re: Default Toolbar for Certain Languages

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.
On 2012/12/19 11:36, Shenfeng Liu said:
> 2012/12/19 imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
>
>> On 2012/12/18 11:24, Fan Zheng said:
>>> As we are considering about the side bar stuff currently, would you mind
>>> giving us more specifications on your suggestions?
>>
>>     Specificly, I'm thinking about installing this on both Chinese
>> versions by default:
>>
>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/cpuncbar
>>
>>     We may discuss about the list of punctuation marks, but that's the
>> basic idea.  This is quite important to Chinese users, as people keep
>> asking me about it.
>>

> imacat,
>   I agree with you that it is a very useful feature! But IMO to build it
> into product, we need a better design than the current extension. e.g. It
> should be customizable, since there are so many special characters and
> different people will ask for different characters on the toolbar. And
> then, it should be general enough and be able to work for all languages
> (even English), with different default set of characters?

    This looks nice.  I think it is the proper way to do. ^_*'

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

OpenOffice http://www.openoffice.org/

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
2012/12/19 imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

> On 2012/12/18 11:24, Fan Zheng said:
> > As we are considering about the side bar stuff currently, would you mind
> > giving us more specifications on your suggestions?
>
>     Specificly, I'm thinking about installing this on both Chinese
> versions by default:
>
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/cpuncbar
>
>     We may discuss about the list of punctuation marks, but that's the
> basic idea.  This is quite important to Chinese users, as people keep
> asking me about it.

imacat,
  I agree with you that it is a very useful feature! But IMO to build it
into product, we need a better design than the current extension. e.g. It
should be customizable, since there are so many special characters and
different people will ask for different characters on the toolbar. And
then, it should be general enough and be able to work for all languages
(even English), with different default set of characters?

- Shenfeng (Simon)

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.

Posted by Fan Zheng <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.