Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Charlie Flowers <ch...@trax.aero> on 2007/08/06 17:34:34 UTC

Nested tables - enclosing table height not being calculated properly?

I figured I should give this a shot before I submitted a bug report.  My
stylesheet produces a table which has another table nested inside of it.  When
the child table cannot be contained on a single page (either because it is
larger than a single page itself, or because the parent table's row begins near
the end of the page), the child table extends for exactly one row beyond the end
of the parent table.  It doesn't seem as though the child table is intruding
into the region-after, but rather that the parent table-row is cutting off
prematurely.  Both of the tables are relatively simple, i.e. I haven't added any
keep, break, widow, or orphan conditions.  In FOP 0.20.5, the PDF renders
correctly - the problem only occurs in FOP 0.93.

For example:

    H = header
    F = footer
    P = Parent table row boundary
    c = Child table row boundary

    HHHHHHHHHHHHH

    PPPPPPPPPPPPP
    P           P
    P ccccccccc P
    P c row1  c P
    P ccccccccc P
    P c row2  c P
    P ccccccccc P
    P c row3  c P
    PPcccccccccPP
      c row4  c
      ccccccccc
    FFFFFFFFFFFFF
     <PAGEBREAK>
    HHHHHHHHHHHHH

    PPPPPPPPPPPPP
    P           P
    P ccccccccc P
    P c row5  c P
    P ccccccccc P
    PPPPPPPPPPPPP

    FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie Flowers

RE: Nested tables - enclosing table height not being calculated properly?

Posted by Charlie Flowers <ch...@trax.aero>.
Sorry for the delay, Vincent.  I posted the previous message via Gmane, hence the ASCII art instead of an attachment.  The attached FO file illustrates the problem I'm having much more clearly.

Thanks,

Charlie

Can you please provide a small FO file reproducing the problem? Although
very nice, your ascii-art figure makes it more difficult to figure out
what's wrong in the code ;-)
Send the FO file as an attachment so that its formatting gets preserved.

Thanks,
Vincent

Charlie Flowers a �crit :

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.