Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by "Bruno J. M. Melo" <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/18 00:17:09 UTC

Cayenne Plug-in as a CayenneModeler Plus...

Hi All,

  I'm going to follow the Andrus' suggestion about create the Cayenne
Eclipse Plug-in as a CayenneModeler "Plus" using the cayenne cross-JVM
messaging mechanism. However, I think to do this is necessary change
(include) some things inside CayenneModeler. My question: Does anybody know
another solution to this??

(Suggestion) IMHO, I think that an interesting feature in CayenneModeler
could be the ability to create "plug-ins" to add new functionalities, and
customize certain actions, etc.

Thanks! and sorry any english mistake...

Re: Cayenne Plug-in as a CayenneModeler Plus...

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Actually we just started prototyping of Cayenne plugin engine:

http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-devel/2006/06/0026.html

I don't think I'll have time until after July 5 to change the Modeler
code to act as a Platonos plugin, but we are going in this direction.

Andrus

Posted by Adrian Wiesmann <aw...@somap.org>.
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 17:10:37 +0400 Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> > What about JPF?
>
> We can't use it because of LGPL license.
>
> > So the decision for Platonos is final?
>
> I haven't seen any alternatives with BSD or Apache license.

Just wondering because I made some good experiences messing around with
that: Have you ever looked at the Eclipse Plugin mechanism or have you
thought about using/creating something like that for Cayenne (instead of
using Platoon)?

Adrian

Re: Cayenne Plug-in as a CayenneModeler Plus...

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Ahmed Mohombe <am...@yahoo.com>.
>> What about JPF?
>
> We can't use it because of LGPL license.
Why do you care?
CM would be a set of plug-ins for that project, so where's the problem?
For that "platform/project" one can develop even commercial or any kind of licensed
plug-ins: even BSD.

Ahmed.

Re: Cayenne Plug-in as a CayenneModeler Plus...

Posted by Ahmed Mohombe <am...@yahoo.com>.