Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> on 2003/03/19 20:00:26 UTC

Re: [Q] why can't be used without NAME as ca n?

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 13:58, michael.korolyov@ps.ge.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> from <html:text> about Attribute name - If not specified, the bean
> associated with the form tag we are nested within is utilized.
> why <bean:write> can't does the same? to be consistant.
> or Am I missing anything?

I noticed this to while working on some of the struts cactus tests.  One
thing to note - by using bean:write to display some value from your form
bean, that value will not be persisted back on the bean when the user
submits the form.

You can accomplish both of these by using html:hidden and set
write="true".

This will show the value on the page, and also write out a hidden form
element so that it can be passed back the form (for your convenience).

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist