Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com> on 2014/07/28 18:13:40 UTC

Re: Fraud management system implementation

+user list
bcc: dev list

It's definitely possible to implement credit fraud management using Spark.
 A good start would be using some of the supervised learning algorithms
that Spark provides in MLLib (logistic regression or linear SVMs).

Spark doesn't have any HMM implementation right now.  Sean Owen has a great
talk on performing anomaly detection with KMeans clustering in Spark -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC5cKYBZAeI

-Sandy

Posted by "jitendra.shelar410" <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sandy.

Shall I prefer Java or Scala for implementing the fraud management
system using spark?
If I use Java, will there be any performance degradation issues?

Regards,
Jitendra