Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Jones <ri...@email.com> on 2003/03/20 17:54:27 UTC

Classpath Question

Hi,

I am using tomcat version 4 as a web service provider. I have 10 web services for my application and they all seem to compile properly. the issue is when I go to run the application I get a java.rmi.ServerException error with a missing port.

I am nearly 95% sure that it is a problem with the CLASSPATH in that I dont declare where the class paths are for each application. How do I do this: An example of where the java classes are is C:\tops\classes. I cant move the classes as it is an application in itself and is connected to an oracle database.

Please I need the following information?

1 Can this be done at all? Or is my boss nuts?

2 How do I do it?

Regards

Richard "Newbie" Jones

Re: Classpath Question

Posted by Micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
A problem with the classpath should indicate a classpath related exception,
which essentially is an inability to find a class.  Why do you think that
hte java.rmi.ServerException fits into this pattern?  If you "don't declare
where the class paths [sic] are for each application" how do you expect the
JVM to find the classes?  You sure that is what you mean?

At 04:54 PM 3/20/03 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am using tomcat version 4 as a web service provider. I have 10 web
>services for my application and they all seem to compile properly. the
>issue is when I go to run the application I get a java.rmi.ServerException
>error with a missing port.
>
>I am nearly 95% sure that it is a problem with the CLASSPATH in that I
>dont declare where the class paths are for each application. How do I do
>this: An example of where the java classes are is C:\tops\classes. I cant
>move the classes as it is an application in itself and is connected to an
>oracle database.
>
>Please I need the following information?
>
>1 Can this be done at all? Or is my boss nuts?
>
>2 How do I do it?
>
>Regards
>
>Richard "Newbie" Jones
>--