Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Daniel Mc Iver <da...@lagan.com> on 2008/07/24 23:56:15 UTC

JMS logging problem

Hi,

I'm new to Synapse and have been playing around with the examples. I successfully set up sample 250 and have it writing to the JMS queue however I can't seem to get any logging to appear when I use JMS. This is how I modified sample 250:

<definitions xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse">
    <proxy name="StockQuoteProxy" transports="jms">
        <target>
               <inSequence>
                              <log level="full"/>
<property action="set" name="OUT_ONLY" value="true"/>
            </inSequence>
            <endpoint>
                <address uri="http://localhost:9000/soap/SimpleStockQuoteService"/>
            </endpoint>
                   <outSequence>
                              <log level="full"/>
<send/>
            </outSequence>
        </target>
        <publishWSDL uri="file:repository/conf/sample/resources/proxy/sample_proxy_1.wsdl"/>
    </proxy>
</definitions>

I was expecting logs to appear before and after the call to SimpleStockQuoteService - am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Daniel McIver

________________________________
The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error.

The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect the views and opinions of any member of Lagan Technologies Limited, or any of its subsidiaries.

Lagan Technologies Limited is a company registered in Northern Ireland with registration number NI 28773. The registered office of Lagan Technologies Limited is 209 Airport Road West, Belfast, Co. Antrim, BT3 9EZ.

Re: JMS logging problem

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Because you set <property action="set" name="OUT_ONLY" value="true"/>,
Synapse will not be waiting for a response. So outSequence log mediator will
not be called for any message. But the inSequence log mediator should be
called.

Upul

RE: JMS logging problem

Posted by Daniel Mc Iver <da...@lagan.com>.
Thanks for your quick responses. After looking at this again I didn't have the axis2.xml configuration for JMS correct so it wasn't hitting Synapse at all which is why I was getting no logging.

Thanks,

Daniel McIver

First of all.. I need to ask you to subscribe to this mailing list since you will not get our replies otherwise.. I manually approved your email to the list as the moderator, and before I could reply, I already see Upul and Ruwan had replied to you as follows :-) :

I have copied this email directly to you now, but in future you will not see our replies if you have not subscribed. Please refer http://synapse.apache.org/mail-lists.html for more details

asankha

-------------------

-------------

>From Ruwan:

Hi Daniel,

Is this problem occurs only when you are using JMS? also can you please

attach the DEBUG log of synapse?, you could change the log level by editing

the log4j.properties file found at lib folder.

Thanks,

Ruwan

<definitions xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse"<http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse>>

    <proxy name="StockQuoteProxy" transports="jms">

        <target>

               <inSequence>

                              <log level="full"/>

<property action="set" name="OUT_ONLY" value="true"/>

            </inSequence>

            <endpoint>

                <address uri="http://localhost:9000/soap/SimpleStockQuoteService"<http://localhost:9000/soap/SimpleStockQuoteService>/>

            </endpoint>

                   <outSequence>

                              <log level="full"/>

<send/>

            </outSequence>

        </target>

        <publishWSDL uri="file:repository/conf/sample/resources/proxy/sample_proxy_1.wsdl"<file:///\\repository\conf\sample\resources\proxy\sample_proxy_1.wsdl>/>

--
Asankha C. Perera

WSO2 - http://wso2.org
http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

________________________________

Re: JMS logging problem

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Daniel

First of all.. I need to ask you to subscribe to this mailing list since
you will not get our replies otherwise.. I manually approved your email
to the list as the moderator, and before I could reply, I already see
Upul and Ruwan had replied to you as follows :-) :

I have copied this email directly to you now, but in future you will not
see our replies if you have not subscribed. Please refer
http://synapse.apache.org/mail-lists.html for more details

asankha

-------------------
 From Upul:

Re: JMS logging problem

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Synapse and have been playing around with the examples. I
> successfully set up sample 250 and have it writing to the JMS queue however
> I can't seem to get any logging to appear when I use JMS. This is how I
> modified sample 250:
>
> <definitions xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse">
>    <proxy name="StockQuoteProxy" transports="jms">
>        <target>
>               <inSequence>
>                              <log level="full"/>
> <property action="set" name="OUT_ONLY" value="true"/>
>            </inSequence>
>            <endpoint>
>                <address uri="
> http://localhost:9000/soap/SimpleStockQuoteService"/>
>            </endpoint>
>                   <outSequence>
>                              <log level="full"/>
> <send/>
>            </outSequence>
>        </target>
>        <publishWSDL
> uri="file:repository/conf/sample/resources/proxy/sample_proxy_1.wsdl"/>
>    </proxy>
> </definitions>
>
> I was expecting logs to appear before and after the call to
> SimpleStockQuoteService - am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniel McIver
>
> ________________________________
> The information in this message is confidential and may be legally
> privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message
> by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any
> disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or
> omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
> Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in
> error.
>
> The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect the views
> and opinions of any member of Lagan Technologies Limited, or any of its
> subsidiaries.
>
> Lagan Technologies Limited is a company registered in Northern Ireland with
> registration number NI 28773. The registered office of Lagan Technologies
> Limited is 209 Airport Road West, Belfast, Co. Antrim, BT3 9EZ.

--
Ruwan Linton
http://wso2.org - "Oxygenating the Web Services Platform"