Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thierry Thelliez <tt...@iwapps.com> on 2002/07/11 01:32:09 UTC

Referer problem after a forward

Assuming the following scenario:

0- Using Tomcat 4.0.4
1- A requests (http post) starts from a form in A.jsp to B.jsp.
2- B.jsp forwards the requests (pageContext.forward) to C.jsp.
3- A new request (http post) goes then from C.jsp to D.jsp.

In other words:
A.jsp -post-> B.jsp -forward-> C.jsp -post-> D.jsp

Question:

Why is the referer header received by D.jsp equal to B.jsp and not
C.jsp?
How can I loop back to C.jsp from D.jsp if I need it?

(B.jsp and C.jsp receive A.jsp as referer and that's fine).

Thierry