Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Stephan Schulz <sc...@gmx.net> on 2001/06/07 12:20:48 UTC

apache does not interpret perl code

Hi there,

i've installed embperl as described in the documentation for systems
with preinstalled apache (i run suse linux 7.x)

make test gives me an error :
Testing mod_perl mode ...
#0 ascii... ERR:Forbidden

When i try to run some of the example files on my server, it just prints out
the perl code
as plain text without interpreting it.

Any suggestions?

Stephan

--
Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

http://www.gmx.net

Re: apache does not interpret perl code

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> i've installed embperl as described in the documentation for systems
> with preinstalled apache (i run suse linux 7.x)
>
> make test gives me an error :
> Testing mod_perl mode ...
> #0 ascii... ERR:Forbidden

That's normaly because your webserver doesn't have access to the files under
test/html. Simply make sure that these directories (and all directories
above) are world readable, then make test will pass.

> When i try to run some of the example files on my server, it just prints
out
> the perl code
> as plain text without interpreting it.

Looks like something is missing in your httpd.conf.

What you have to do is described here:
http://perl.apache.org/embperl/Embperl.pod.2.html

If you don't get it running post the lines of your httpd.conf that sets up
the Embperl access

Gerald