Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com> on 2007/07/21 00:25:14 UTC

ConnectionPoolDataSource - does it actually do pooling?

I could check this out myself, but time is limited, and I thought
someone might have a quick answer.

On the Phobos (JavaScript in Glassfish) email list, the following
statement is made:

"in Apache Derby there is a regular data source class
(org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDataSource) which does not pool
connections, but there's also a data source class with connection
pooling (org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientConnectionPoolDataSource). In the
preconfigured Phobos data sources we use the latter, so connection
pooling is on by default"

I thought ConnectionPoolDataSource *enabled* pooling but did not
actually *do* it.  Does it actually do connection pooling?

Thanks,

David

Re: ConnectionPoolDataSource - does it actually do pooling?

Posted by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>.
Thanks, Kristian.

I checked the DBCP site.  It does appear to be a fully functioning
connection pool that can work with a container or outside of a
container.

David

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.