Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Je...@nlgroup.ca on 2002/11/28 15:55:40 UTC

RE: [Nested Tags] Frustration..Should this work? - Future?

Thank you, that makes things clearer.

Arron Bates wrote:
"The nested tags have an esoteric following (that I know of), no-one on
this list goes out the their way to recommend them outside of the old
list in lists problem, whatever (I'm curious to see if they even get a
mention in any of these spiffy new books... :)."

It is true that I started using them because of lists in lists thing.
I used them in combination with ListUtils.LazyList in commons collections
and they worked well.

One of the biggest things I like about them is that I can replace the
countless
<bean:write name="formBeanName" property="xyz"/> with
<nested:write property="xyz" />

It always seemed odd to me that the html:text was nested but the bean:write
needed the name of the form bean..

They make things so easy that I just use them everywhere without even
thinking about some of the issues.

I have one big question:
I seems that everyone is talking JSTL, struts-EL ect..

How does the nested library fit into this?

Does JSTL have the power of nested tags? Will there be nested-EL...?

Thanks again.