Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sandra Reichert <re...@bni-hamburg.de> on 2006/07/10 12:43:17 UTC

failed validation, drop down list and request attribute

Hi,

I have a form which contains textfields and some drop down lists. I use
the validator framework to verify the values. The values for the drop
down lists are set as attributes in the request.
My Problem is, that this variables are empty after a failed validation.

What`s the common solution?
Or do you know other sites which describes a solution? Please, send me
the link.

Thanks
Sandra

Re: failed validation, drop down list and request attribute

Posted by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com>.
You have a few options, and most of them are described by Rick R's
"Validate Manually" article [1].  I would avoid the first three and
only consider the last four.  There's a couple of other ways to do
this but you should be able to pick an appropriate solution from
Rick's list.

Hubert

[1] http://www.learntechnology.net/validate-manually.do