Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ne...@yahoo.com.tw on 2007/04/15 00:43:06 UTC

Build (multiple) project within eclipse problem

I am a newbie user to maven and learn how to get it work in eclipse WTP.

The example I found is from IBM developer works: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/j-dw-java-mavenv2.html

My problem is - I can not build and package maven project successfully in Eclipse, whilst everything works directly go through command line.

At first I compile and package project directly through command line (A) from top level folder (inside example2 folder), everything works fine.  That means I can see the classes compiled and jar files generated.

However, if first I create a Java project through Eclipse, then import completed project (example2)  to Eclipse workspace. Then using external build tool (Run>External Tools>External Tools....) to build and package the entire project from top level. It always issues build successfully, but nothing happened. I can not see any classes (.class) and jar files generated.

If I change to directory OpsImp, then `compile' through eclipse external tool  will work. Sadly it issues error if I try to package   OpsImp through external tool (erros message is as B).

Next, if I change to directory NumOps, then `compile' through eclipse external tool  will issue error due to dependency (it is dependent on OpsImp).  So it definitively fails whilst doing package.

What should I do in order to get this project worked in Eclipse tool?

I sincerely appreciate any suggestion.

Thank you very much.

env: Debian sarge 3.x  /  JDK 1.5.0_09-b01 / Eclipse 3.21 / Maven-Eclipse-plugin 0.0.9

A.)
mvn compile
mvn package

B.)
[ERROR] mojo-execute : jar:jar
Diagnosis: Error assembling JAR
FATAL ERROR: Error executing Maven for a project
[ERROR] project-execute : com.ibm.devworks:OpsImp:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT (  task-segment: [package] )
Diagnosis: Error assembling JAR
FATAL ERROR: Error executing Maven for a project
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error assembling JAR
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
    at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java:441)
    at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java:382)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.Maven2Executor.main(Maven2Executor.java:68)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error assembling JAR
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.jar.AbstractJarMojo.createArchive(AbstractJarMojo.java:162)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.jar.AbstractJarMojo.execute(AbstractJarMojo.java:174)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
    ... 8 more
    at org.apache.maven.artifact.ArtifactUtils.copyArtifact(ArtifactUtils.java:109)
    at org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject.<init>(MavenProject.java:251)
    at org.apache.maven.archiver.MavenArchiver.createArchive(MavenArchiver.java:284)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.jar.AbstractJarMojo.createArchive(AbstractJarMojo.java:155)
    ... 11 more

       您的生活即時通- 溝通、娛樂、生活、工作一次搞定!