Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by michael mclaughlin <m_...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2006/07/27 17:17:45 UTC

[Axis 2]: User Guide: compiling the WSDL2Java example

I'm an Axis2 newbie, struggling to get through the
User Guide examples. Running version 1.0 binary
distribution.

Using WSDl2Java to generate skeleton classes
* I can use WSDL2Java OK to generate the skeleton,
then do an ant build, using build.xml, to generate an
.aar file, which shows up when I drop into tomcat.
* The problem comes when I fill in the skeleton
functions in the axis2SampleDocLitService.java file by
cutting and pasting from the code snippets in the User
Guide.
* The ant build fails:
 Axis2SampleDocLitService.java; cannot find symbol
 symbol: class EchoStringArrayReturnDocument

... 11 other symbol errors...
* Is this a classpath error (cannot find symbol). If
so, i thought build.xml handled classpath
construction. My AXIS2_HOME env. variable is set OK.

Any ideas on this?
My next idea is to just fill in the skeleton for the
very basic echoString() method and try to debug that
first of all...
thanks
Mike

Re: [Axis 2]: User Guide: compiling the WSDL2Java example

Posted by Christian Pöcher <Po...@gmx.net>.
michael mclaughlin schrieb:
> would something like
>
> import org.apache.axis2.userguide.xsd.*
>
> make the sample files compile OK?

Yes, at least they *should* be ok then.

-Chris

Re: [Axis 2]: User Guide: compiling the WSDL2Java example

Posted by michael mclaughlin <m_...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks, Christian.

Could you give me more details...would something like

Posted by Christian Pöcher <Po...@gmx.net>.