Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Karthik Nanjangude <ka...@xius-bcgi.com> on 2010/08/07 10:44:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Does not define the download of type ZIP of Apache HTTP s/w ,

Hi

Does not define the download  of    type ZIP  of  Apache HTTP s/w  ,
In such case  Can I  Download  "httpd-2.3.6.tar.gz"  and run the same on Windows 2000 ?

with regards

N.S.Karthik

Re: [users@httpd] Does not define the download of type ZIP of Apache HTTP s/w ,

Posted by Joost de Heer <jo...@sanguis.xs4all.nl>.
On 08/07/2010 10:44 AM, Karthik Nanjangude wrote:
> Hi

> Does not define the download of type ZIP of Apache HTTP s/w ,
>
> In such case Can I Download “httpd-2.3.6.tar.gz“ and run the same on Windows 2000 ?

Check the binaries/win32 subdirectory.

Joost

Re: [users@httpd] Does not define the download of type ZIP of Apache HTTP s/w ,

Posted by Morgan Gangwere <0....@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] Does not define the download of type ZIP of Apache HTTP s/w ,

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 8/7/2010 3:44 AM, Karthik Nanjangude wrote:

> Does not define the download  of    type ZIP  of  Apache HTTP s/w  ,
>
> In such case  Can I  Download  “httpd-2.3.6.tar.gz“  and run the same on
> Windows 2000 ?

You can't run either the .zip or .tar.gz, you would need to compile them.

At this point, I haven't been actively creating win32 binaries for 2.3, but
I'd expect this to change soon now that we are at beta, not alpha.