Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by "David E. Jones" <jo...@ofbiz.org> on 2006/07/01 23:08:53 UTC

SVN Move Complete

The move to the new ASF Subversion server is now complete. No new updates will be committed to the old server (at svn.ofbiz.org) so everyone keeping with SVN or checking out new code should use the new SVN repository. And of course, all committers should use the new repository.

Here is the svn command you would now use to check out from the new repository:

$ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ofbiz/trunk ofbiz

Committers please note: use HTTPS instead of HTTP (and yes you'll need username/password for that as before).

As I noted in my previous email (Moving to the Apache SVN Server on the ofbiz-dev list on 20060629) you can point to the new SVN server from an existing checkout using the following command:

$ svn switch http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ofbiz/trunk framework/

I highly recommend reading that other email if your thinking about using this... Note that since not all of the old repository is moved over (the the website directory is in a different place) you'll need to do this per resource in the ofbiz.home directory, like the framework directory in the example above.

For those using a private SVN repository and the vendor branch pattern, you can just export from the new repository and import as normal into your ofbiz branch.

The code in this new ASF repository comes from revision 7923 in the old SVN repository (in svn.ofbiz.org).

We all understand that this is an inconvenience, but it is an important part of the Apache incubation process for OFBiz. To make this more fun, note that when we graduate from incubation the SVN URL will change again...

-David

Re: SVN Move Complete

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
David E. Jones wrote:

> David N. Welton wrote:
>> David E. Jones wrote:
>>>
>>> Good point... I forgot to even look for that as I thought the mailing
>>> list notifications on the commit list were setup with the repository.
>>
>> I had to moderate them through.  They should have appeared by now - if
>> not, let me know.
>
> It looks like they came through. Will all messages need to be moderated,
> or is that just a default setting that can be changed?

Well, I also CC'ed the 'accept' address, which means that any email from
a particular address should always come through unhindered.  So you and
Jacopo should already be covered by that.  Perhaps the default can be
changed, though...  I'll try and remember to ask the infrastructure guys.

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
- http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: SVN Move Complete

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
For those interested I have added a Firefox search plugin for the Commits ML
(using Nabble) see here
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Plugin+search+tools+for+Firefox+using+Nabble.
 By default in Nabble the Commits ML is under OFBiz. So I you use the main
search plugin (All OFBiz) you will have also results from Commits. If that is
annoying I will see how to cope with it (if anybody care ;o)

Jacques

Re: SVN Move Complete

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I like this.
I have made a routine that parses out the patches to I can add them.

David E. Jones sent the following on 7/1/2006 5:07 PM:

Re: SVN Move Complete

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@ofbiz.org>.

Re: SVN Move Complete

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.

Re: SVN Move Complete

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@ofbiz.org>.

Re: SVN Move Complete

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
That's fine.

Re: SVN Move Complete

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@ofbiz.org>.

Re: SVN Move Complete

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
David,

Re: SVN Move Complete

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@ofbiz.org>.
Great, thanks.

Re: SVN Move Complete

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
That's great,

Re: SVN Move Complete

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Can see it from Eclipse.
See the website (site) also

David E. Jones sent the following on 7/1/2006 2:08 PM: