Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Lewis John McGibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2021/04/09 03:10:28 UTC

[VOTE] Accept tika-helm source code into the Apache Tika project

Hi dev@,

I am opening this VOTE with the goal of donating the tika-helm source code [0] into the Apache Tika project.
Tika-helm is a Helm chart [1] to deploy Apache Tika on Kubernetes (K8s) [2]. More specifically the chart is a really lightweight way to configure and run the official Tika Docker image [3] on K8s.

This VOTE is a prerequisite before intellectual property clearance [4] can begin.

[ ] +1 Accept tika-helm source code into the Apache Tika project
[ ] +/-0 ... because
[ ] -1 I DO NOT want to accept the tika-helm source code into the Apache Tika project (please state why)

This VOTE will be open for a minimum of 72hrs. Thank you in advance for taking the time to review the proposed source code contribution and for VOTE'ing.

lewismc
P.S. +1 from me Tika PMC-binding

[0] https://github.com/lewismc/tika-helm
[1] https://helm.sh/docs/topics/charts/
[2] https://kubernetes.io/
[3] https://github.com/apache/tika-docker
[4] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

[RESULT] WAS Re: [VOTE] Accept tika-helm source code into the Apache Tika project

Posted by Lewis John McGibbney <le...@apache.org>.
OK, 72 hrs has passed so I am closing off this VOTE thread.
The RESULT is as follows

[3] +1 Accept tika-helm source code into the Apache Tika project
Lewis John McGibbney*
Oleg Tikhonov*
Tim Allison*

[0] +/-0 ... because
[0] -1 I DO NOT want to accept the tika-helm source code into the Apache Tika project (please state why)

*Tika PMC-binding

Thanks to those that we able to VOTE. I will go ahead and progress with the IP Clearance through the Apache Incubator.

Thanks
lewismc

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
+1 Thank you, Lewis!