Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by John Gentilin <jo...@eyecatching.com> on 2001/02/27 03:31:16 UTC

Help, Strange problem (New CVS build)

I Just grabbed the latest CVS sources, recompiled the JAR and tested my
code
but it is now broken on the simplest piece of code and I can't find the
problem.
I know its going to be right in my face, but...

Anyway I am using XPath to find a Node in my DOM, it finds the Node but
when
I call nextNode on the NodeIterator I get an Abstract Method Error. I
looked at
the source and nextNode is still supported.

Has something changed, my last version was D05 or D07...

Thanks
John G

Here is the code.

      if (m_AppVersion.length() == 0)
      {
        // Let's look it up from the store
        NodeIterator nl = XPathAPI.selectNodeIterator(store,
XPATH_AppVersion);
     Node n = nl.nextNode();

        m_AppVersion = n.getFirstChild().getNodeValue();

Here is the error.
java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org/apache/xerces/dom/NodeImpl.isSupported
        at
org.apache.xpath.axes.AxesWalker.getNextNode(AxesWalker.java:1051)
        at
org.apache.xpath.axes.AxesWalker.nextNode(AxesWalker.java:1137)
        at
org.apache.xpath.axes.LocPathIterator.nextNode(LocPathIterator.java:689)

        at com.smart911.gca.XMLStore.getAppVersion(XMLStore.java:157)
        at com.smart911.gca.XMLStore.storeXMLFragment(XMLStore.java:120)

Re: --> WRONG Version of Xerces in CVS ??

Posted by John Gentilin <jo...@eyecatching.com>.
It's fixed. It seems that the version of Xerces in the java/bin
directory is not 1.3 as the CVS comment states. I downloaded
Xerces directly and the problem is fixed.