Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Radu Gheorghe <ra...@sematext.com> on 2020/12/04 06:38:21 UTC

Re: facet.method=smart

Hi Jae,

No, it’s not smarter than explicitly defining, for example enum for a low-cardinality field.

Think of “smart” as a default path, and explicit definitions as some “hints”. You can see that default path in this function: https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/search/facet/FacetField.java#L74

Note that I’ve added a PR with a bit more explanations for the “hits” here: https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/2057 But if you’re missing some info, please feel free to comment (here or there), I could add some more info.

Best regards,
Radu
--
Sematext Cloud - Full Stack Observability - https://sematext.com
Solr and Elasticsearch Consulting, Training and Production Support

Re: facet.method=smart

Posted by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Jae