Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Natarajan, Prabakaran 1. (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <pr...@nsn.com> on 2014/09/03 13:40:38 UTC

OEV - NameNode crash Edits file for 1.0.3

Hi

My NameNode  is crashed. It gave a NullPointerException at FsDirectory.addChild....

1)      My Hadoop version 1.0.3
2)      I patched a code for identifying the files throwing NullPointerException -  I found those files.
3)      Now I want to remove those file operations in the edits file
4)      I converted the edits file to edits.xml  using Hadoop 2 tool  - OEV
5)      I removed the unwanted file ops and convered edit.xml to edits binary format using same OEV tool of Hadoop 2
6)      If I put this edits file,  NameNode is throwing Unexpected version IOException in FSNameSystem.java

       How can I recover my NameNode?  NameNode starts if I  perform  another option of skiping the files that throws NullPointerException (later I was able to build a new FsImage)
      Is this approach correct? Is there is any good option?

Thanks and Regards
Prabakaran.N  aka NP
Nokia Networks, Bangalore
When "I" is replaced by "We" - even Illness becomes "Wellness"