Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Adam Levine <ad...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/19 08:36:19 UTC

Map/Create ldap group hierarchy to realms

I'm able to create realms based on a group tree from LDAP, thanks to the
guidance on other emails and following the demo deploy. I do get exceptions
when trying to refresh on a pull (have to delete the realms manually first).

Problem:  The created realms are flat in hierarchy (all the same depth),
instead of matching the LDAP groups that have several depths.

Using Apache DS

I saw a post that said to reference the demo ldap-orgunit configuration, as
it provided the even/odd realm trees.  But when I look at the demo, the
ldap org only has ou=[People|Groups], and it doesn't have any
pull/provision tasks attached to it.

Am I missing something?  Guidance is greatly appreciated!

 Thank you!

Re: Map/Create ldap group hierarchy to realms

Posted by Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <ma...@tirasa.net>.
Il 23/07/21 16:58, Adam Levine ha scritto:
> Follow up:  I configured my connector, resource, mapping, and pull
> from the Demo system.

The demo handles the depth of ou only in propagation.

In order to create realms from a pull that respecting the hierarchy,
it's necessary that in your pull action you go to set the parent realm.
As you can see, this information is not provided to Syncope, which means
that all realms are at the same level. How can you do this? You could
parse the dn of the ou.

Regards

Posted by Adam Levine <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Levine <ad...@gmail.com>.
Marco:

Posted by Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <ma...@tirasa.net>.
Hi

Posted by Adam Levine <ad...@gmail.com>.
Marco:

Posted by Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <ma...@tirasa.net>.
Hi

Il 19/07/21 10:36, Adam Levine ha scritto:
> I'm able to create realms based on a group tree from LDAP, thanks to
> the guidance on other emails and following the demo deploy. I do get
> exceptions when trying to refresh on a pull (have to delete the realms
> manually first).

What kind of exception?

Posted by Adam Levine <ad...@gmail.com>.
Is there anyone out there who has dealt with and solved this problem?  Am I
approaching this from the wrong direction?

Thank you !