Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mffortin <mf...@monetizeit.com> on 2007/11/20 21:14:38 UTC

inhouse repository and dependencies

I've been working on setting up an inhouse repository for our company.  I
have it setup and and I can deploy my project to it but I want to add my
project dependencies.  From what I've read on this list and else where there
is no simple way to do that.  What I'd really like to see in maven is
something like >mvn deploy:deploy-dependencies and have all transitive
dependencies upload.  My question is, can I rsync my ~/.m2/repository to my
in-house remote repository?  Is the structure the same?

Re: inhouse repository and dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Most people solve these problems by implementing a Maven proxy like
Archiva, Artifactory, Proximity, etc.

And no, you cannot sync your local repository cache to create a remote
repository. There are some differences in the repos. Google for it or
search the list archives -- we've talked about this before.

Wayne