Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/19 12:58:16 UTC

Question on Kafka Client Upgrade

Hello,

Does it matter if we upgrade the client jar from 2.1.0 to 2.3.0 - but the
brokers are using 2.2.0?

https://kafka.apache.org/23/documentation/streams/upgrade-guide

We don't use streams, just plain producer/consumer clients. For us, would
it matter at all?

Thanks,

Re: Question on Kafka Client Upgrade

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Wow totally missed the confluent link - appreciate the response here.

I guess we can somehow create a cwiki page to briefly list this. I’ll start
a thread if possible.

Thanks a bunch...

Posted by Karolis Pocius <ka...@sentiance.com.INVALID>.