Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org> on 1998/02/02 20:33:10 UTC

/dist in apache-site CVS tree?

So a couple of the mirror sites want to use anoncvs or cvsup to mirror the
repository rather than mirror.pl.  I'd really like this, too.  The only
probably is that the most important directory, /dist, isn't in the CVS
tree.  Obviously it would be a pain to keep old versions in the history;
but is there a way to mark CVS files as "no-history" or something, so that
we don't get bloat and can put /dist under CVS?

	Brian

"Optimism is a strategy for making                         brian@apache.org
a better future." - Noam Chomsky                        brian@hyperreal.org

Re: /dist in apache-site CVS tree?

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
At 12:38 PM 2/2/98 -0700, Marc Slemko wrote:
>On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>

>> So a couple of the mirror sites want to use anoncvs or cvsup to mirror the
>> repository rather than mirror.pl.  I'd really like this, too.  The only
>> probably is that the most important directory, /dist, isn't in the CVS
>> tree.  Obviously it would be a pain to keep old versions in the history;
>> but is there a way to mark CVS files as "no-history" or something, so that
>> we don't get bloat and can put /dist under CVS?
>
>Noooooooooooo.
>
>Oh, and you don't really want to use anoncvs.
>
>But you should be able to set cvsup to do it no problems.  You may need to
>play with your cvsupd config file a bit, but it can handle non-RCS files
>just fine... and it even does it reasonably well.  Heck, I should be using
>it to pull the anoncvs repository instead of rsync (cvsup has the rsync
>alg built in) but I didn't have the choice at the time...

Okay, the "apache-dist" module should be up and working now.

	Brian

specialization is for insects				  brian@organic.com

Re: /dist in apache-site CVS tree?

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.