Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Anthony Zawacki <zw...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/03/18 14:52:22 UTC

Xalan/Xerces/XPath

Hello,

I am upgrading from Xalan 1.1 to Xalan 1.3 in a project that I am working
on, and have run across the following issues:

Due to the way that DOM objects are manipulated, I need to use Xerces to
control the DOM objects before a transformation.

I am now using a XalanTransformer with compiled stylesheets to do the
transformations.

In the past, I read XPath expressions from a configuration file (which also
contains unrelated arbitrary transformations,) created a basic stylesheet
for them, and then compiled them.  Later, I would do the transformation,
and check to see if the return value was true or false.  Now I think I want
to use the XPathEvaluator (which appears to be exactly what I needed.)

Do I face any unforseen issues by using a XercesParserLiaison to create a
XalanDocument from my Xerces document, and then passing that XalanDocument
into the

 XObjectPtr XPathEvaluator::evaluate (
                                  DOMSupport & domSupport,

                                  XalanNode * contextNode,

                                  const XPath & xpath,

                                  const XalanElement * namespaceNode = 0 )

method?

My expectations would be that the XObject would be an XBoolean output.

Thanks,

Anthony