Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2006/07/20 18:37:49 UTC

Options for setting classpath for a particular jelly script, on command line

I'm experimenting with a jelly script to set up and initialize a
database, so I'm trying to use the sql tag library.  In order for this
to work, I'll need to set the classpath so it can find my driver.

What are my options for setting the classpath so this can work?

I'd really rather not set the global classpath.  It looks like the
"forehead.conf" file in the jelly bin dir has some options that look
like classpath settings, but I'm not certain.  In any case, that's still
not ideal.  Ideally, I'd like to specify the classpath for the driver in
the tag itself, or alternatively at the beginning of the script.  I
would have thought the jelly command line would have an option for this,
but it doesn't.  The script is pretty simple, so I could add it, but I'd
rather not muck with the script source if I don't have to.

Related to this, I noticed that the Jelly web site has links to the test
classes, for examples of usage, but all of those link fail with 404s.
It's not clear to me where I should report that.  There seem to be 3
different bug databases in use.