Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com> on 2012/04/14 16:45:00 UTC

moving from bugzilla to jira?

Fop and XMLGraphicsCommons appear to be two of the few Apache products
still using Bugzilla instead of JIRA. I propose we migrate to JIRA. Any
objection?

Regards,
Glenn

Re: moving from bugzilla to jira?

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
On 16/04/2012 10:46, Glenn Adams wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 2:59 AM, Chris Bowditch
> <bo...@hotmail.com>wrote:
>

>> You said most of the work would be done on infra@. But I'm guessing that
>> someone from the XML Graphics PMC would need to help in some way, or is it
>> as simple as opening a Infra JIRA to ask them to do the migration? We would
>> need one of the committers to update all the website pages. There are
>> several links to Bugzilla there.
>>
>> I'm happy to move from BZ to JIRA as long as it doesn't take time away
>> from other important tasks. Do you volunteer to oversee the conversion?
>>
> yes
Great thanks Glenn :-)

Re: moving from bugzilla to jira?

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
On 14/04/2012 15:45, Glenn Adams wrote:

Hi Glenn,

> Fop and XMLGraphicsCommons appear to be two of the few Apache products
> still using Bugzilla instead of JIRA. I propose we migrate to JIRA. Any
> objection?

You said most of the work would be done on infra@. But I'm guessing that
someone from the XML Graphics PMC would need to help in some way, or is
it as simple as opening a Infra JIRA to ask them to do the migration? We
would need one of the committers to update all the website pages. There
are several links to Bugzilla there.

I'm happy to move from BZ to JIRA as long as it doesn't take time away
from other important tasks. Do you volunteer to oversee the conversion?

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
here's a nice view of an improved interface, showing a summary of activity
on the INFRA project; it would take a fair a bit of work to extract the
same information from BZ

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.