Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Timur Fayruzov <ti...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/26 03:24:33 UTC

Job hangs

Hello,

Now I'm at the stage where my job seem to completely hang. Source code is
attached (it won't compile but I think gives a very good idea of what
happens). Unfortunately I can't provide the datasets. Most of them are
about 100-500MM records, I try to process on EMR cluster with 40 tasks 6GB
memory for each.

It was working for smaller input sizes. Any idea on what I can do
differently is appreciated.

Thans,
Timur

Re: Job hangs

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Timur,

I had a look at the plan you shared.
I could not find any flow that branches and merges again, a pattern which
is prone to cause a deadlocks.

However, I noticed that the plan performs a lot of partitioning steps.
You might want to have a look at forwarded field annotations which can help
to reduce the partitioning and sorting steps [1].
This might help with complex jobs such as yours.

Best, Fabian

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/apis/batch/index.html#semantic-annotations

Re: Job hangs

Posted by Vasiliki Kalavri <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Timur,

Re: Job hangs

Posted by Timur Fayruzov <ti...@gmail.com>.

Re: Job hangs

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.

Re: Job hangs

Posted by Timur Fayruzov <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hello Robert,

Re: Job hangs

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Timur,

Re: Job hangs

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
No.

<ti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will do it my tomorrow. Logs don't show anything unusual. Are there any
> logs besides what's in flink/log and yarn container logs?
>
> On Apr 26, 2016 1:03 AM, "Ufuk Celebi" <uc...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hey Timur,
>
> is it possible to connect to the VMs and get stack traces of the Flink
> processes as well?
>
> We can first have a look at the logs, but the stack traces will be
> helpful if we can't figure out what the issue is.
>
> – Ufuk
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Could you share the logs with us, Timur? That would be very helpful.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Till
>>
>> On Apr 26, 2016 3:24 AM, "Timur Fayruzov" <ti...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Now I'm at the stage where my job seem to completely hang. Source code is
>>> attached (it won't compile but I think gives a very good idea of what
>>> happens). Unfortunately I can't provide the datasets. Most of them are
>>> about
>>> 100-500MM records, I try to process on EMR cluster with 40 tasks 6GB
>>> memory
>>> for each.
>>>
>>> It was working for smaller input sizes. Any idea on what I can do
>>> differently is appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thans,
>>> Timur

Re: Job hangs