Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rob Oxspring <ro...@imapmail.org> on 2004/04/09 15:29:44 UTC

[all] maven build - help required

I've freshly set up my environment to do some work on commons-cli
(RESEARCH_CLI_2_ROXSPRING branch if that matters) and am really
struggling to get the build working.

Using a clean checkout of jakarta-commons, running maven (rc1) from the
cli directory ends up failing to compile any of the java source
(although maven claims a successful build):

java:compile:
     [echo] Compiling to
C:\Java\apache.org\jakarta-commons\cli/target/classes
     [echo] No java source files to compile.

I tried a few other components at random and founnd that while codec,
collections and digester do the same; validator claims to be compiling
20 file.

Could anyone enlighten me as to what's gone wrong? is it my set up? is
it the new commons-build? is it just general maven black magic?

Thanks,

Rob

Re: [all] maven build - help required

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
This could be verflow from both the commons-build efforts and past
changes to the /cli/project.xml file.

I notice that back  in March you made some changes to the build section,
then it looks like I removed it when we started extending the
commons-build/project.xml, which may have been unintended. I recommend
we comment out the extend and add this back in as a test.

  <build>
   <resources>
        <resource>
          <directory>src/java/org/apache/commons/cli2</directory>
          <targetPath>org/apache/commons/cli2</targetPath>
          <includes>
            <include>**/*.properties</include>
          </includes>
        </resource>