Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steffen Heil <li...@steffen-heil.de> on 2005/04/09 19:58:31 UTC

Debug CLIENT without tcpmon

Hi

I need to debug a web service.
I do have the wsdl and I compiled it using wsdl2java.
That part works.

Now I try to call the service and it fails.
What I need is a way to see, what's being sent and what's received.

But I cannot use tcpmon, because the service is only available using ssl...
Any hint?

Regards,
  Steffen

Re: Debug CLIENT without tcpmon

Posted by Jess Balint <jb...@gmail.com>.
In the log4j.properties file, add a line explicitly to up the logging on Axis:

log4j.logger.org.apache.axis=DEBUG

You might also want a file appender because it will be VERY large sets
of output to wade through.

Jess

Posted by Steffen Heil <li...@steffen-heil.de>.
How to do this?

Posted by Jess Balint <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steffen Heil <li...@steffen-heil.de>.
Hi

I have seen a BasicHandler in the thread "RE: How to dump the raw SOAP
Envelope?".
However, how to use it?
I use the axis-generated Locator to get the ServiceInterface, but there is
no "setBasicHandler"...

(If I find a way to use it, I will propably look at those in wsabi, however,
my problem occurs earlier..)

Regards,
  Steffen

Posted by Mike Barton <mb...@allesta.com>.

Posted by Steffen Heil <li...@steffen-heil.de>.
Hi

Posted by Mike Barton <mb...@allesta.com>.
Try wsabi4axis available for free download from SourceForge at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wsabi4axis/

It has a handler based audit log service that should give what you are
looking for.

You can see it in action @ http://demo.wsabi.org  Look under "Monitor"
section and click on "Audit Logs"

Posted by Steffen Heil <li...@steffen-heil.de>.
Hi

> If you haven't tried ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com/download.html),
> you may want to look at its TLS capabilities.

I would need the servers certificate, which I don't have...

Posted by TMG <tm...@nc.rr.com>.
If you haven't tried ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com/download.html),
you may want to look at its TLS capabilities.

Tom Gordon