Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Leonard Gestrin <Le...@markettools.com> on 2007/06/26 07:47:58 UTC

axis error - no SOAP service at this location - Calculator.jws - steps to create websevice.

Hello,

I am newbie to the product so I would appreciate any help pointers.

I have few problems/questions that I could not find answer in the
user-guide/archive.

1.	I can successfully run axis web application and copying
Calculator.jws as described in the doc,  exposes the link and wsdl can
be generated. However, once I merged axis's web.xml and our own
application, same test produces the error when I click on  on 'Click to
see the WSDL'. I have also merged happyaxis.jsp and it does not report
any errors and soap engine is packaged with our app.

AXIS error

Could not generate WSDL!

There is no SOAP service at this location

If anybody has any clues/ideas what this message really means and how it
should be debugged, I would appreciate it. I compared lib directories
and verified that nothing is missing between custom app and 'axis'
webapp.

2.	What is the "conventional" way of creating webservice? Based on
user's doc, it appears that these are the steps

	a.	Manually create server-config.wsdd and put it under
webapp.
	b.	Have axis generate wsdl

                                                               i.
Using wsdl2java generate skeletons and add them to src so it gets
packaged with application providing a server.

                                                             ii.
Using wsdl2java generate stubs and add them to the client using the
service.

      Does this sound correct?  Can wsdd be also generated?

3.	it appears that URL used in .wsdd is inaccessible
'http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/'. Is this  a concern? Where can I find
these references?

Thank you so much. If, these issues/questions have already been
discussed, reference to a thread would be appreciate it.

Leonard Gestrin

MarketTools, Inc.

150 Spear Street, Suite 600

San Francisco, CA 94105

Tel: 415-957-2085 | Mobile: 415-407-6461

leonard.gestrin@markettools.com

MarketTools(tm) http://www.markettools.com <http://www.markettools.com/>

This e-mail and any attachments may contain privileged, confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware
that any review, copying, or distribution of this e-mail or any
attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please return it to the sender immediately, and permanently
delete the original and any copies from your system. Thank you for your
cooperation.